Greek Heritage Language Corpus (GHLC)
Corpus του προφορικού λόγου της Ελληνικής ως Γλώσσας Πολιτισμικής Κληρονομίας
a) the Greek-speaking community, whether it be heritage speakers around the world or native speakers, and
b) the academia who wishes to study loanblends used by GHS as innovations in the vocabulary of heritage speakers.
It complements the Greek Heritage Language Corpus (GHLC) and is available at https://www.google.com/url?q=http://synmorphose.gr/index.php/el/%23&source=gmail&ust=1628936099222000&usg=AFQjCNEcl6DLkVxF_FG7q5WfAD3l-a02Ng">http://synmorphose.gr/index.
The components included in each entry are the following:
- Headword, in the form of nominative singular, in the case of nouns, and in 1st person singular in the present tense of indicative mode, in the case of verbs.
- Pronunciation, both in I.P.A. transcription and as a wag file to facilitate access to blind people.
- Grammatical information, and more specifically the grammatical category (noun or verb), the gender (masculine, feminine and neuter), the inflectional paradigm in which the lemma is classified according to Inflectional Category codes used in the Dictionary of Standard Modern Greek and gender assignment procedure (analogical gender, phonological gender, suffixal analogy, combination).
- Etymological information: the etymological component includes information about the construction procedure of each loanblend.
- Meaning: Each entry provides the equivalent word in the recipient language (in our case Greek) and the loanblend translation in the donor language (English, German, Russian, etc.)